Do you enjoy assisting customers on the phone and face to face? Have others commented that you have strong mechanical abilities? Then CDI has a great career opportunity for you! Come apply your knowledge and skills on our team at CDI, at a place where we are impacting customers around the world!
What you will be doing:
- Preparing for on-site installation, service and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials, and coordinating on-site work.
- Traveling to customer sites as required, insuring startups and/or service happen promptly. (Approximately 25% overnight travel with a maximum of 50% in a month’s time.)
- Identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing systems and products at customer's location.
- Performing preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed.
- Keeping current on all CDI products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair.
- Keeping abreast of changing technology in the industry and attend training as necessary to achieve technical competency on all CDI product lines.
- Managing customer related issues on assigned projects to insure highest levels of customer satisfaction and meet overall project or task objectives.
- Providing telephone support to customers’ technical needs when required.
- Conducting customer satisfaction follow up calls.
- Ability to skillfully use power tools and test equipment.
- Ability to work with sheet metal, miscellaneous hardware, and internal components such as fan motors, blowers and vent glass.
- Ability to explain technical information in common language to customers, clients, and other employees.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends as necessary.
- Positive interpersonal skills and attitude.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Electrical coursework or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
- Associates degree or equivalent from a Technical/Trade School with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning is desirable.
- A minimum of three years of HVAC field service experience or manufacturing experience in HVAC industry.
- Prior experience as an Electrical Test Technician is desirable.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of personal auto liability.
- International travel may be rarely required, must either have or can acquire a valid passport.
- Frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Requires working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms, and possible extreme weather conditions; regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment.
We take care of our people
Our mission at Climate by Design International is to create significant, life-changing jobs. As a family owned company, we care for our team members individually, providing generous wages and benefits, paid time off and paid holidays from day one, and create a culture where people enjoy coming to work. We want each of our team members to achieve their full potential, both personally and professionally.
- Local Family Owned Company where everyone knows your name
- Performance and wage review after 90 days of employment
- Option to carry over up to 120 PTO hours each year
- Annual safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement
- Year-end cash bonuses
- Profit sharing and 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Short/Long Term Disability, and so much more!
- Overtime Available
- FREE Popcorn!